So Boston has always been a place that I wanted to visit and now that I have a local client, I plan on getting to know the city a little better. So I put together my Boston Bucket List. As I explore the list, I will write new posts and perhaps add a few other items to the list.
1. Visit Harvard (Cambridge, Mass)
2. Stand in the first feet of baseball – the original site of the World Series. Located on the campus of NorthEastern University in downtown Boston, the original site is commemorated by a statue of Cy Young. It is a pretty special experience to stand on the sacred ground of Baseball’s beginnings. I have been in love with this sport for as long as I can remember. It is apart of our nation’s history and is in the fabric of our country, so to have the opportunity to see where it all began is a moment I will not soon forget.
3. Watch a game at Fenway Park
4. Visit MIT (a tour of the innovation lab would be pretty fantastic)
5. Walk inside the world’s largest glass globe – The Mapparium in the Mary Eddy Baker Library
6. Attend a concert (Some of the best musicians are in Boston, from the New England Conservatory to the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops). I want to grab a concert and experience this impressive music culture.
7. Walk the Freedom Trail (although I have taken a detour going back to the airport and had the cabby give me his tour of the Freedom Trail, with my love of history I want to check this one out with some time and enjoy walking in the steps of our nation’s patriots.)
I am sure there are many more places that should make the list. Do you have a Boston favorite that I need to add?